Application Process

Before applying, you choose a course. If you know what to study, you can search the courses through our course database.If you have no idea about Chinese education system or Chinese universities, you can also get help from our Optimus Xpress experienced staff.

  • A brief on the Chinese Education System
  • Information and advice on choosing suitable courses
  • Explanation of the entire application process
  • Student visa information
  • Reminders of our upcoming activities
  • Assessment of all required documents & selection of best scholarship depending on student’s grades.(1-3 days)

The application procedure is simple and convenient:

  • Fill out application forms
  • Send relevant documents (Passport copy, Transcripts)
  • Pay the application fee 1000RMB equivalent of $166 dollars

After you submit the application, your documents will be reviewed and your application will start being processed. Normally, it takes about 2-4 weeks for the application to be processed but sometimes it depends on the university policy.

The student’s admission forms and JW202 Visa forms will be sent to our offices/representatives in applicant’s home country with the detailed home address.

At this point everything is ready and the Agency fee should be paid to the Agency Office . After payment is made, student can take their Admission and JW202 forms and start to apply for a student visa.

Students who intend to study in China need to apply for a visa, it is really simple. First of all, you should know what kind of visa you need to apply:

  • X1 visa: For students who will take a course that is more than 180 days.
  • X2 visa: For students who will take a course that is less than 180 days.
  • L Visa: For students who take summer or winter program.

Student is required to take required documents to the Chinese embassy and apply for a student Visa.

Documentation required:

  • Original passport
  • Passport Photo
  • One completed Visa Application Form
  • Proof of legal stay or residence status
  • Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter
  • Original and photocopy of “Visa Application for Study in China”, known as Form JW201 or Form JW202 (Only required for X1 Visa).

After the student gets a Visa, he is ready to leave for China. The student can start to book flights and prepare to leave for China. (We work hand in hand with a ticketing company in case a student needs help to book good and affordable flights).

Upon arrival to China, our staff will pick-up the student from the airport and take them to their already reserved accommodation. An orientation will be done so that the student can quickly know the basic aspects of life in China as continue to settle in.

Documents Required

Bachelors & Short Courses

  • A Level Pass slips
  • Passport Photocopy(Both 1st & 2nd Page)
  • Passport photo with a white background
  • Application Form
  • Physical Examination Form
  • Non-criminal Certificate (For Scholarship Students)

Post Graduate

  • University Transcript
  • A Level Pass slips
  • Passport Photocopy(Both 1st & 2nd Page)
  • Passport photo with a white background
  • Application Form
  • Physical Examination Form
  • Non-criminal Certificate (For Scholarship Students)
  • Study Plan
  • 2 Recommendation Letters
  • CV


All foreigners who come to China to study for longer than 6 months (i.e. those on an X1 visa) are required to undergo a medical examination either before or after they enter China. You will have to submit relevant documents confirming that you have passed physical examination when you apply for a residence permit in China. You can either do it in your home country or in China. In China, the medical examination will cost about 100 U.S dollars (may differ depending on the city). Your university should help you with this procedure. You must bring the original medical documents with you when you come to China, otherwise you will have to re-do the physical examination in China.

All students will be required to pay medical insurance (400 RMB-about $80 dollars) to their respective universities and for their residence permit (400 RMB-about $80 dollars) every semester.

When you first arrive, it is a good idea to take some cash that you can exchange upon arrival at the airport. You can also change money at a bank (you’ll have to present your passport). Only go through official channels to exchange money or you will almost certainly be cheated.

During past times, the best and most reliable way to get money in China is to use a bank card linked to an international network like Visa or MasterCard. ATMs in major cities accept international bank cards and more and more ATMs in other cities do as well. However, many banks/ATMs have restrictions on how much money you can withdraw at one time or in one day. Therefore, if you need a large amount of cash (e.g. to pay for tuition or accommodation), you must plan ahead. Besides, you should be aware that foreign bank cards usually incur some fee each time money is withdrawn. Otherwise, you can choose to use Western Union or MoneyGram, their service providers could be found in cities and are useful in case of an emergency.

Close Menu